Accessories Design Intern - #3175842
KARL LAGERFELD COMPANY PROFILE
At Karl Lagerfeld, we are driven by Karl’s mantra: “Embrace the present and invent the future”
The House of KARL LAGERFELD shares the creative vision and design aesthetic of its iconic founder, Karl Lagerfeld. Always contemporary and forward-looking. We are the only fashion house that carries Karl’s name at its doorbell and we’re thriving to live up to this responsibility in everything we do, every day with lots of joy and passion.
Our headquarters in Paris and in Amsterdam are home to a very diverse and driven Karl family from more than 25 countries creating meaningful stories and product concepts that connect to Karl’s world and iconic attributes.
Women’s ready to wear, bags, small leather goods and underwear are managed directly from our Amsterdam HQ other categories including men’s wear, footwear, fragrances, eyewear and more are developed together with best in class license partners.
We connect with our consumers at multiple levels – online and offline hand in hand. We thrive to maximize consumer engagement via more than 200 KL stores worldwide, our premium wholesale partners and our strong digital footprint, spearheaded by our KARL.COM flagship store which reaches 96 countries. With digital channels representing already more than 30% of our overall full price business.
We are a dynamic, fast growing and inclusive company built on professionalism and strong values. Across all areas of our business, at KARL LAGERFELD we commit working toward highest standards of sustainability and integrity. In 2019, KARL LAGERFELD joined as a founding member the Fashion Pact, a global sustainability initiative seeking to transform the fashion industry through objectives in three areas: climate, biodiversity and ocean protection.
JOB SUMMARY/PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Provide key support in the design and development of the Karl Lagerfeld Accessories collection + special collaborations
- Creating design proposals
- Creating technical specifications
- Working on prototype corrections
- Ensuring all seasonal files & overviews are kept up-to-date.
- Generally supporting the design team and helping to keep the office organized at all times
SKILLS EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Studying Accessories design (and not RTW)
- Currently enrolled in a university or design school
- Strong skills with photoshop and illustrator
- Language: Fluent in English both verbally and written
Work closely with Product Development team
- Has an eye for detail and consistency
- Excellent communication skills
- Up to date with latest trends and design
- Able to work independently as well as in a team
- Flexibility, adaptability and a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
Please note that we can only consider your application if you are enrolled for the full duration of your internship at your school or university. Also, due to Dutch legislation, you have to be in possession of European nationality or studying in the Netherlands.
If your application is successful we will contact you within three weeks.